The COMO is celebrating our 75 years with a no go gala, anniversary auction experience this year! Beginning Saturday, September 19, 2020, we will be hosting a two-week online treasure trove extravaganza featuring auction items including designer brands, local experiences, vintage treasures and restaurant packages! The Anniversary Auction will run through October 2, 2020.
We hope you will join us as we celebrate community and raise critical funds to support the many educational, creative, and recreational programs the COMO offers year-round for youth and adults.
I-Park is very pleased to welcome the public to our Dusk Founder’s Guided Art Walk on Saturday, September 26th at 7pm. This intimate, ticketed event will feature a moonlit walk along our Art/Nature paths led by I-Park founder, Ralph Crispino, Jr. He will offer tidbits about I-Park’s history as well as our artists, their creation process, and hijinks. Guests are invited to enjoy drinks and light refreshments in the Outdoor Performance Area following the walk. All proceeds will support I-Park’s artists-in-residence programs and reservations in advance are REQUIRED. For additional information, write email@example.com or call 860-873-2468.
In accordance with the State of Connecticut Reopening Guidelines, our Trail Walk will practice social distancing procedures during check-in and throughout the event to ensure our participants’ safety. Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask if they are not able to maintain 6 feet of distance from other hikers – however, face masks will not be required while hiking on our trails. I-Park is dedicated to everyone’s personal health and is eager to welcome back the public for a safe, relaxing day of hiking!
Due to the fragility of the artwork and the natural features at I-Park, pets are not permitted on the I-Park grounds.
Important: You will be agreeing to our Visitor Code of Conduct when you register for Open Trails.
We look forward to welcoming you to I-Park for a beautiful visit!
• Features paintings (including oils, watercolors, and drawings), photography, and a range of crafts including jewelry, pottery, and quilted wall-hangings.
• Many featured artists hail from Southeastern Connecticut but also include notables from New York City, Maine, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and even the UK.
• Artists include Mark Seliger, Carolyn Walton, Anne Winthrop Cordin, Michelle Marra, Chet Reneson, Christian Peltenburg-Brechneff, and Christopher Zhang.
• Something for everyone (lots of varying style and value).
• Child & Family Agency provides physical and behavioral health care and childcare services to the highest need and most at-risk families in Southeastern CT.
• Proceeds will support CFA programming.
• To learn more visit Childandfamilyagency.org
• Event dates: September 30 – Oct 7.
Join us for our 43rd Annual Jack O’Keefe Memorial STRIDES Virtual Road Race to help support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in eastern Connecticut. 5K, 10K & 1 Mile Family Fun Run, Walk or Roll options available! Check out our event site for complete details and to register now!